The triumphal arch is а part of palace and garden ensemble of Kochubey family homestead in Dykanka preserved till nowadays. It was elevated in 1820 to the project of architect Luigi Roosky. The memorial installation was constructed in memory of the visit paid to the family homestead by Emperor Oleksandr the Ist in 1817. The arch was dedicated to French-Russian war of 1812 as well. It is at the entrance to the homestead at present unlike in the past when it was a front gate and at the entrance to the chestnut alley. The arch is a sample of ancient Roman triumphal architecture following the artistic facets of Roman Empire. The gate was carved three apertures and structured through the columns of Roman and Doric order at both sides, crowned by entablement with triglyphs and modillions as well as by the graduated attic. Originally the arch was decorated with bronze bas-reliefs depicting battle scenes. The triumphal arch was repeatedly refurbished during XX century but the bas-reliefs lost were never restored. Since 1963 the arch has been under governmental protection as an architectural monument of national importance with a guard number 589.